Adding a new Event
Events can be created by selecting Add New Event in the Pupils > Event Management page.
This 'add new event' pop up, based on settings selected, will allow various type of events to be created.
The left hand side of the pop up allows event details to be created and the right allows pupils and staff to be added, along with options to take a register, require consent, require payment and notify parents.
We've detailed different set ups for various event type / scenarios below.
- Add a title for the event (eg Museum Visit) and choose 'Trip' from the Event Type (charges and payments will be assigned to the Events payment pot)
- Choose the date - for single day trips, set the same start and end date. For Trips spanning multiple days (eg Residentials), select
- (optional) Running Cost can be used for an admin reference of the overall cost to the school of running the event, such as cost of hiring a mini bus etc.
- (optional) Use timetable slots will allow a particular event to be assigned to a section of the school day, based on the school's timetable.
- Add people using the + person and + group sections on the right of the pop up can be used to add either specific pupils or users can be searched and added to the event one by one, or an entire class, year group or other type of school group can be selected, which will add all associated pupils and users to the event (for example, select 'Year 4' if the trip being created is limited to only year 4 pupils
- (optional) Pupils can be added or removed from the event automatically by ticking the option of the same name. This means that if, for example, a pupil leaves the school and is archived, the transaction for the event is cancelled and they are removed from the event.
- (optional) Ticking the option to take a register allows the option of a 'trigger'. This means that any staff listed on the event can take a register for the event, which then can either automatically transfer to either or both of the AM and PM sessions, or to ignore the trigger and just be for the event.
- (optional) Requires consent allows parents to give consent if they have access to the portal, and for admin users to update any consents in Event Management.
- Requires Payment allows a charge per pupil to be entered. This will create a transaction equal to the required payment. Parents will be able to pay this outstanding charge from the Payment tab in the Portal
Instalment events allow parents the option to pay in chunks instead of the whole sum at once. The setup of these events are very similar to the standard events but will need the following box ticked under the event setup.
Once you've set these up you will need to setup instalments in your Office > Finance > School Shop.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and on the left hand side you should see "NEW Stock" click this and you will be presented with a box similar to this.
You will need to ensure to click "Is Instalment" which will then let you select the event is relates to under "Event". You will then need to fill the details as normal.
Note: that the parents will be able to purchase more than one "instalment" payment. So if you setup a £5 shop item the school will be able to pay off £5 any amount of times they want.
Once you're done with this, hit "Save" and this item will become available for any parents who have children attending the event.
In the simplest scenario, a parent will purchase the instalment from the school shop. Each time an instalment is purchased, it will count toward the total amount. The system will check is the amount of instalments equals the amount owed for the event. When it does, the event will be marked as paid. The instalments will not count towards any other event than the one for which it was created. The parent will only be able to see instalments for events their pupil is attending that they haven’t already paid for. Checkout
In the payments page, a parent will be able to see their instalments in their payment history. They will have the account type of ‘Instalment’. In the transaction list the cost of the event that is shown will be the original cost minus any instalments that have been made. If a parent wishes to pay off the remaining balance using the checkout, they can simply select the event in the usual way and use Stripe to pay off however much is left. Cash Payments
If you use the ‘Accept Payment’ button on the pupil’s Payments page to add an instalment amount, you will need to remember to select the ‘Is Instalment’ checkbox and choose the correct event. Failure to do this will result in the amount paid not being counted towards the event.
Wrap around care (Breakfast and After school provision)
Such events can be set up as above but with some setting changes to allow the clubs to be booked and paid for in advance.
- Set event type to Clubs (charges and payments will be assigned to the Events payment pot 'Clubs' payment pot)
- Set the start and end time for the club
- Tick the 'Repeats' checkbox to allow the club to repeat on specified days of the week.
- Tick Term Time only to prevent club booking to be made on dates outside term dates (based on your school calendar).
- Tick Variable length sessions to create multiple club options (cannot be used in conjunction with Bookable)
- Select Bookable if you wish to allow parents to book and pay for Club sessions in advanced. Please note that parents are unable to cancel paid for club bookings.
- Places - this allows the bookable club to be limited to a certain number of booking for a session. This feature also allows the Club to be limited to a certain group of pupils:
- Select Requires Payment to add a cost per session and keep default setting of 'pay in advance'.